Destination NSW organises familiarisation visits to NSW destinations to assist Australian and overseas media produce stories that will inform and inspire their audiences.
Visits are coordinated by Destination NSW publicists and are supported by NSW tourism operators who provide assistance such as accommodation, meals, transport and touring.
Media assisted under the program represent online, print and broadcast outlets and reach audiences targeted by Destination NSW. Coverage that results from the visit is collected, evaluated and distributed to sponsoring partners.
Media wishing to participate in the program should email email@example.com.
Latest media visits to destinations in NSW
- Group media visit to Coffs Harbour for Coffs Coast Rally, 21 - 23 August.
- Lonely Planet Magazine India visiting Sydney and Wollongong for a destination feature, 22 - 27 August.
- Sun Herald Travel visiting Lismore, as part of Arts in August for an arts trail feature, 24 - 26 August.
- UKTV visit for Taste of Oz series fronted by John Torode, an Australian and one of Masterchef’s UK judges. Show will focus on food and wine and cover Sydney, Port Stephens and Hawkesbury, 26 August - 8 September.
- Australian Garden Show group media visit, 5 - 7 September.
- The Australian Travel and Indulgence exploring Country NSW in a luxury motorhome for a caravan and camping feature, 21 - 26 September.
Tourism operators who would like to get involved in Destination NSW media activity please join our website membership program Get Connected. Regional operators should also contact their Regional Tourism Organisation to register their interest in future opportunities.