Destination NSW organises familiarisation visits to NSW destinations to assist Australian and overseas media produce stories that will inform and inspire their audiences.
Visits are coordinated by Destination NSW publicists and are supported by NSW tourism operators who provide assistance such as accommodation, meals, transport and touring.
Media assisted under the program represent online, print and broadcast outlets and reach audiences targeted by Destination NSW. Coverage that results from the visit is collected, evaluated and distributed to sponsoring partners.
Media wishing to participate in the program should email email@example.com.
Recent media visits to destinations in NSW
- Sydney Weekender filmed Kiama/South Coast caravan and camping story, 18 - 19 March.
- Correspondent for Der Feinschmecker visited to write about the food and wine scene in Sydney and Hunter, 12 - 25 March.
- German Freelance journalists Knud Kohr and Susann Sitzler visited Sydney to cover art and culture and food and wine for Abenteuer & Reisen and Die Zeit publications, 13 - 19 March.
- UK food & wine blogger, Niamh Shields visited Sydney and Mudgee to write for her blog ‘Eat Like a Girl’, 16 - 24 March.
- Rachel Friedman, US freelancer writing for Wall Street Journal and Moira Jeffrey, UK freelancer writing for Scotsman on Sunday visited 19th Biennale of Sydney, 17 - 21 March.
- Johnny Jet, US blogger, visited Sydney and Blue Mountains as part of Major League Baseball, 17 - 24 March.
Tourism operators who would like to get involved in Destination NSW media activity please join our website membership program Get Connected. Regional operators should also contact their Regional Tourism Organisation to register their interest in future opportunities.