Destination NSW organises familiarisation visits to NSW destinations to assist Australian and overseas media produce stories that will inform and inspire their audiences.
Visits are coordinated by Destination NSW publicists and are supported by NSW tourism operators who provide assistance such as accommodation, meals, transport and touring.
Media assisted under the program represent online, print and broadcast outlets and reach audiences targeted by Destination NSW. Coverage that results from the visit is collected, evaluated and distributed to sponsoring partners.
Media wishing to participate in the program should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent media visits to destinations in NSW
- Australian Traveller visiting Mungo National Park with itinerary to include indigenous product and Full Moon Tour, 16 - 20 December.
- Fashion Blogger / NSW Fashion Ambassador, Jessica Stein from Tuula visiting the Blue Mountains and experiencing Lilianfels, Scenic World and Jenolan Caves, 18 - 19 December.
- Guides for Brides UK visiting Sydney for feature on must do experiences in Sydney on honeymoon including Wedding Bridge Climb, 18 - 21 December.
- News Limited's Digital Escape experiencing ‘VIP Sydney’ in anticipation of the AACTA Awards, including The Star, East Sail and My Sydney Detour, 18 - 19 December.
- The New Zealand Herald visiting Sydney to experience family focused activities including T-Rex Exhibition, Taronga Zoo, Featherdale Wildlife and Jamberoo, 20 - 31 December.
Tourism operators who would like to get involved in Destination NSW media activity please join our website membership program Get Connected. Regional operators should also contact their Regional Tourism Organisation to register their interest in future opportunities.