Destination NSW organises familiarisation visits to NSW destinations to assist Australian and overseas media produce stories that will inform and inspire their audiences.
Visits are coordinated by Destination NSW publicists and are supported by NSW tourism operators who provide assistance such as accommodation, meals, transport and touring.
Media assisted under the program represent online, print and broadcast outlets and reach audiences targeted by Destination NSW. Coverage that results from the visit is collected, evaluated and distributed to sponsoring partners.
Media wishing to participate in the program should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest media visits to destinations in NSW
- Julia Cosgrove, AFAR Magazine US, visiting Byron Bay to experience food & wine, nature and luxury product, 10 - 13 May.
- TVB Hong Kong crew will be in Sydney, Blue Mountains and Hunter filming for a new travelogue series, 10 - 26 May.
- AAX Group Media, Malaysia; Garuda International, Indonesia; BOLD Magazine; Kunst Magazine Germany; NZ Herald; Mondo UK; Mr Brown.com, Singapore blogger and camerman; Architekturzeitung Magazine, Germany; Sleaze Magazine, Germany; DE:BUG Magazine, Germany all visiting for Vivid, 22 May.
- RoyalAuto touring in Outback NSW for a feature, 23 May - 1 June.
- Shining National, China visiting Sydney, Byron Bay & Tweed, 28 - 31 May.
Tourism operators who would like to get involved in Destination NSW media activity please join our website membership program Get Connected. Regional operators should also contact their Regional Tourism Organisation to register their interest in future opportunities.