In addition, the sites channel more than 5 million active sales leads directly to thousands of NSW tourism businesses.
However before tourism operators can tap into this source of business they need to register their products and services on the central database managed by the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW), that feeds the product information to Australia’s official travel websites.
We urge all NSW operators to take advantage of the opportunities presented by Destination NSW’s websites by firstly getting online and from there, making sure their information is regularly updated. It costs nothing, reaches millions of domestic and international travellers and will help your business reach its potential. So to start:
Get Connected - Register your product or update your listing - it costs nothing.
Other Online Opportunities
Destination NSW has established an online club for those interested in holidaying in NSW. It now has more than 132,000 members and the monthly club newsletter promotes products and special offers from tourism operators.
The highly regarded, multi-award winning Tourism e kit resource, which was developed by the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) covers the A to Z of online marketing and distribution.
The e kit was developed specifically for the tourism industry and has been accessed by thousands of tourism operators and industry members across Australia.
The e kit has transitioned to a new home within TourismTribe.com and offers a whole new level of support for tourism operators and destinations.
Tourism Tribe members will have access to continual digital learning through:
- 64 Tourism e kit tutorials covering 12 topics
- Online Help Forums moderated by Accredited e kit trainers and digital and tourism experts
- Online Chat Hotline for quick advice and guidance on where to find help
- Critical Updates and Tips to alert members to critical technology changes and how to deal with them and bite-sized pieces of advice and instruction so they can quickly gain a new skill
- Customised One-on-One Coaching with Accredited e kit trainers and tourism experts, for an additional charge
Tourism Tribe also offer a range of digital support services:
- Digital Benchmarking - Tourism Tribe will explain Digital Benchmarking and the steps to digital success
- eTourism Champions Program - an intensive digital capability program to develop digital practitioners into eTourism Champions and build sustainable expertise in regional tourism
TourismTribe.com operates on a subscription basis from $119 per annum (GST inclusive).
Get instant access by signing up here.
Destination NSW Social Media Guidelines (PDF 663 kb)