More than 30,000 images, videos, B-roll, press releases and editorial-ready content about Sydney and New South Wales available to media and content creators.9 March 2021
Destination NSW has launched a new Media Centre to support every professional publishing and content creation need, providing access to the latest travel and tourism news and the largest collection of content assets of any tourism body in the world*. From today, media and content creators can discover more than 30,000 images, videos, B-roll, press releases and editorial-ready content about Sydney and New South Wales.
NSW Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney, Stuart Ayres, said the media play an important role in influencing travellers to visit NSW and the new website was key to fueling story placements to motivate prospective holidaymakers.
“We want to inspire the world to visit NSW, and providing media with access to the latest information and a huge selection of easy-to-download editorial photos, videos and story ideas will create opportunities to keep our beautiful destinations and world-class visitor experiences in the spotlight,” Minister Ayres said.
Developed to meet the criteria of a range of media and content creators from the world’s leading media outlets and content platforms, the magazine-style interface delivers an easy and intuitive user experience, and aims to deliver news and emerging NSW travel trends first, before any other publisher.
Destination NSW CEO Steve Cox said Destination NSW’s Media Centre provides best-in-class technology and was developed with its primary users in mind to deliver media professionals with access to high-quality assets via an immersive platform.
“The Destination NSW Media Centre is the ultimate digital resource for content creators. Its functionality and content have been shaped by media and content professionals and importantly, to support Destination NSW initiatives to grow the NSW visitor economy for the benefit of our industry and operators,” Mr Cox said.
“Our new Media Centre is an integral part of our activity to ensure its future growth by providing media with what they need to keep producing stories about NSW at the click of a button,” Mr Cox Said.
Key features of the Destination NSW Media Centre include:
- Access and instant download capability from 30,000 high quality images, video and inspirational editorial content features, as well as breaking news on Sydney and NSW’s visitor economy, product and experiences.
- Progressive Web App technology providing a seamless and immersive user experience including elegant mobile and desktop interface, opt-in notifications and amazingly fast load times.
- Instant sign-up approval, allowing instant access to automatic channel-optimised content.
- Secure, cloud-based system with assets available from any device 24/7.
- Intuitive, easy to use search and filters allowing users to find based on interest area, experience, region, by duration or date.
Lookatme, one of Australia’s leading digital asset management experts and creators of websites for Virgin Airlines Australia, Australian Geographic and Wine Australia, developed the site for Destination NSW, while editorial content was curated and developed by Journeyism’s Mark Sariban, former Travel Editor at Vogue Australia and Sarah Reid, Australian Society of Travel Writers’ Travel Writer of the Year 2020 and Specialist Travel Writer of the Year 2021 at the Travel Media Awards in the UK.
* Based on extensive research by Lookatme, comparing State and National Tourism Boards media centres globally.
Download a PDF version of this media release (PDF 163 kb)