Through the NSW First Program, Destination NSW is delivering a series of live online sessions to discuss and develop your business. Delivered on Zoom, these interactive sessions provide practical tips and insights for tourism businesses, and the opportunity to ask questions.
Register for upcoming Discuss and Develop sessions here, or view recordings of sessions that have already been delivered below.
Leverage the Kayak Love NSW Campaign – Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie & Newcastle
Join this digital session to find out how to get involved in the Destination NSW campaign with Kayak, an online travel booking platform where customers can book accommodation, flights, car hire and experiences.
This campaign is in partnership with Newcastle Airport, Destination Port Stephens, City of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie City Council.
In this session, guest presenters from Kayak will look at how tourism businesses in Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie and Newcastle can work with Kayak during the campaign and beyond.
- Find out what will be happening in the Destination NSW marketing campaign with Kayak
- Learn about the Kayak platform and get tips on what customers are looking for when searching and booking products online
- Discover how you can sell online with Kayak and other online platforms to feature in the campaign.
How to use the Destination NSW Content Library
Join the Destination NSW Industry Development team and the Manager, Photographic Content for this Discuss and Develop your Business session on how to use the Destination NSW Content Library. Find out how to access stunning imagery and footage to help promote your business and destination.
The content library is an easy-to-use resource of inspiring NSW content, available to download for free.
- Discover what type of content is in the library
- Find out how to access the content and how you can use it for your business
- Get tips on how to search and order content
- Learn about best practice for image credits and social media use
Creating a Get Connected Listing
Join the Destination NSW Industry Development and Digital Distribution teams for this Discuss and Develop your Business session on creating a Get Connected listing. Destination NSW has two consumer websites, sydney.com and visitnsw.com where visitors can find information about what to see, things to do and where to stay across NSW.
To be listed on sydney.com or visitnsw.com, tourism businesses need to join the free Destination NSW online membership program, Get Connected. In this session, we will provide a step by step guide to creating an amazing listing for your tourism business.
- Find out how to register for the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
- Follow a live demonstration on how to create a product listing
- Discover how to make your Get Connected listing stand out
- Get tips on best practice images, copy and video to add to your listing
- Learn about where your product is distributed once it is live