Each year NSW attracts around one million youth visitors (aged 15 to 29 years) from overseas markets, contributing 40.1 million visitor nights (year ending December 2012). Destination NSW invites your participation in campaign activity in both domestic and international markets to stimulate further growth in this important sector.
Tourism Australia Best Jobs in the World Campaign - Chief Funster
The successful applicants have now been chosen in Tourism Australia’s Best Jobs in the World campaign. The campaign has received significant interest globally, with over 600,000 applications submitted from around 200 countries.
The NSW Best Job of Chief Funster proved particularly popular with 124,000 people applying. The role was won by Andrew Smith from California, who will be an enthusiastic voice sharing with the world what he experiences during his six months in Sydney, from December 2013 to June 2014.
The Chief Funster will:
- Attend Sydney events, industry launches and functions
- Travel throughout NSW to attend events and festival and showcase our regions
- Tweet, blog and post about his experiences.
We want to see the Chief Funster visit and report on as many events, experiences, products and destinations as possible during his time with us. It’s going to be a hectic schedule but an envied itinerary.
Based in Sydney, the Chief Funster will also travel extensively throughout the State. We are looking for innovative ways that the Chief Funster can be involved with your product.
To discuss opportunities please contact Leanne Paige (see below).
MTV Travelco - Sweet Deals
Sydney has been launched as the latest destination on MTV’s travel website, mtvtravelco.com. The site showcases the cities of Los Angeles, New York City, London, Berlin and now Sydney. Sydney will be the exclusive Australian destination for a minimum term of two years and the first Asia Pacific destination featured.
The site offers travellers the opportunity to ‘live like a local’ providing insider insights through:
- Over 100 hotspots in categories Eat, Drink, Shop, Party, Stay, Play, Dine, Do, Explore
- Celebrity video hotspots (including Van She, Pot Belleez, Stafford Brothers, Ms Darlinghurst and more)
- Work and holiday in Sydney interview
- Study and living in Sydney interview
- Downloadable guides including: 48 hours in Sydney, Working in Sydney, Study in Sydney, Ms Darlinghurst’s Fav Bars, The Faders Top 5 Hangouts, Anthony Lister’s Guide to Sydney.
You can be part of this fantastic Sydney section by offering special offers, known as ‘Sweet Deals’ to MTV’s audience when they book your product. Offers need to be a straight forward proposition when MTV Travelco is mentioned, such as $ off or % off - no complicated terms and conditions.
To express your interest and request a special offer form please contact:
Leanne Paige, Sector Specialist - Youth
Email:Leanne.email@example.com Tel: 02 9931 1176