Publicity is a major component of Destination NSW’s domestic and international marketing programs. It can be highly effective in building brand appeal, encouraging motivation to travel and delivering tactical messages around product and pricing.
Destination NSW has a team of in-house publicists who coordinate activities to engage a range of different media. Programs include hosting visiting media; managing media relationships; conducting global outreach activities to pitch stories to media; implementing promotional events; and developing media resources.
Share your news
Destination NSW is seeking news and content from visitor economy stakeholders to help spread the word about the many reasons to visit NSW.
Tell us about the new experiences your business, organisation or destination is offering that will wow visitors to your region - anything from nature-based activities to luxury stays, seasonal attractions, foodie finds or local favourites.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure among key media contacts, both domestically and internationally.
The PR team will use this information to create captivating media pitches, input into inspiring content on the Destination NSW Media Centre and to support planning of potential media familiarisations and media hosting opportunities.
If you would like to submit a story, news, press release or information about a new product to the Destination NSW PR team, please make a copy of this template, input the relevant details and send a link for the updated document to email@example.com.
Please note: While the team endeavours to capture a range of new products from across NSW, unfortunately not all can be featured and included in activity. However, information shared is saved on file for PR use.
Templates for submission
• Make a copy of the template (Click: File > Make a Copy > Entire Document)
• Input all the relevant information in the table
• Send the updated document via link to firstname.lastname@example.org (Click: Share > Get Link > Change to anyone with link can be an Editor)
What should be included
• 100-150 words that summarise the new product or offering, highlighting why it is unique and any key features
• Call to action for consumers (eg “bookings are available online now”)
• Website link to product
• Social media handle/s
• Relevant media release or media materials as a link
• Accompanying imagery and logo
• New, ie opened/introduced within the last six months
• Include all relevant information/have all fields within the templates filled out
• Do not include branded campaigns, discounts or offers from existing tourism products
Visiting Media Programs
Each year Destination NSW delivers hundreds of media famils domestic and international markets.
A famil or familiarisation is designed to give journalists and buyers the opportunity to experience a region, venue, product or package.
To support quality coverage Destination NSW’s publicists also develop a comprehensive range of media resources including image collections, footage reels, fact sheets and prepared content.
The Destination NSW Media Centre is home to all the latest news on NSW destinations, experiences and events, the Media Centre houses over 30,000 assets including editorial-ready features and curated visual assets. The sign-up process is seamless for media so after registering an account, you’ll have automatic access to download any of the available content.
Sydney & NSW Uncovered is a weekly newsletter for travel and lifestyle media featuring the latest news and story ideas on accommodation, attractions, tours, dining, shopping, events and unique experiences in Sydney and regional NSW. Register for Uncovered here.