Below is a listing of specific tourism funding and grants programs available to NSW tourism businesses.
Note: This list may not be exhaustive and it is recommended that you also conduct your own investigations:
- see our Industry Contacts page for key organisations to get in touch with
- see the Other Government Support page for information about other types of services available to boost your business.
Destination NSW: Regional Flagship Events Program (RFEP)
The Regional Flagship Events Program identifies and supports events in regional NSW that have the potential to act as a ‘cornerstone’ or flagship tourism event for their area by attracting overnight visitation and delivering long term benefits to the region. Since it was established in 1997, the Regional Flagship Events Program has supported 271 individual events across regional NSW.
On 6 July 2016, the NSW Government announced that the Regional Flagship Events Program would be expanded to include two additional funds in addition to the existing marketing support fund. The name “Regional Flagship Events Program” will remain as the umbrella title under which the three funds will sit:
- Incubator Event Fund - supports the establishment of new events
- Flagship Event Fund - supports the marketing of emerging events to increase their profile and encourage visitation
- Event Development Fund – supports the strategic development of proven flagship events as drivers of tourism.
For more information see the Regional Flagship Events page.
Destination NSW: Regional Visitor Economy Fund (RVEF)
This funding program is now closed.
The NSW Government announced, on 2 December 2016, the Regional Tourism Fund
Tourism Research Australia: Destination Visitor Survey Program (DVS)
Tourism Research Australia provides research information that supports improved decision making, marketing and tourism industry performance for the Australian community. The aim of the DVS Program is to provide the opportunity for regional tourism destinations to undertake research surveys specific to their area and assist informed decision making to support growth of sustainable tourism products. The research conducted within the DVS program is split into two streams: Visitor Profile and Satisfaction Program and Strategic Regional Research Program.
For more information go to tra.gov.au