Your right to information under the Government Information Public Access (GIPA) Act 2009
On 1 July 2010 new right to information legislation came into effect, replacing the former Freedom of Information law.
The new law:
- creates new rights to information that are designed to meet community expectations of more open and transparent government
- encourages government agencies to proactively release government information.
You can find out more about your right to information and new ways to access NSW Government information on the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) website at ipc.nsw.gov.au.
Accessing Destination NSW information
Latest Destination NSW Government Contracts and Disclosure Log (PDF 3 MB)
Contracts required to be published under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and Disclosure Log
You can also find out more about us in the
Destination NSW Agency Information Guide (PDF 195 kb)
If you require additional information or wish to lodge an access application, please contact our Right to Information Officer at:
Address Destination NSW, Level 2, 88 Cumberland Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone (02) 9931 1111
Further information regarding lodging an access application is located in the
Destination NSW Agency Information Guide (PDF 195 kb) - page 7 and 8.
How do applicants make valid formal access applications?
A valid formal application for access to information must:
- Be in writing
- State that it is made under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW)
- Have an Australian postal address for return correspondence
- Provide enough details to help Destination NSW identify the information the applicant wants
- Enclose the application fee of $30.
- Complete and submit an application form
Information about the process, review rights and access to the application form is available on the IPC website.
Where can I get more information about right to information?
Mail GPO Box 7011, Sydney NSW 2001
Visit Level 11, 1 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone 1800 INFOCOM (1800 463 626) between 9.00am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).