Visitors are seeking agritourism experiences that reconnect them with the land, produce, and farmers.
This includes experiences that:
- are immersive and authentic
- teach them something new
- help them to connect to a destination, connect with nature or live like a farmer
- create opportunities to connect with their loved ones and family
- include farm produce – enabling visitors to taste, touch, see and smell.
Destination NSW consumer websites, VisitNSW.com and Sydney.com, have more than 1.5 million visitors a month, from both domestic and international audiences. Agritourism pages and articles on VisitNSW.com showing farm experiences are increasingly popular, and the seasonal article Where to pick your own fruit & produce in NSW is one of the most searched pages by visitors. Popular searches on visitnsw.com in 2023 include:
- flower picking
- farm-stay accommodation
- food and drink experiences
- pet-friendly accommodation, for example A pet-friendly guide to the Hunter Valley | Visit NSW
Tourism Australia’s Future of Demand is research into the experiences driving Australia’s tourism demand now and into the future.
Based on qualitative research and a global survey of 23,771 travellers across 20 markets, the research measured interest in 143 global tourism experiences.
Find out about the markets seeking agritourism experiences here:
Find more information about the Future of Demand research and how to use the reports here.
View our Quick Tips guide for Creating Bookable Agritourism Experiences here.