The NSW Food & Wine Tourism Strategy & Action Plan 2018-2022 is designed to provide the food and wine sector and the broader tourism industry with an overview of Destination NSW’s plans to further support the development of food and wine tourism to the State.
Food and wine tourism was identified in the 2012 Visitor Economy Industry Action Plan as a priority sector in which yield growth might be readily achieved. Focus 6 of the new Visitor Economy Industry Action Plan 2030 commits to the development of new strategies for priority sectors, including food and wine tourism, that will create opportunities for growth.
The NSW Food & Wine Tourism Strategy & Action Plan 2018-2022 has a vision for Sydney and Regional New South Wales to be recognised amongst the world’s leading food and wine destinations, offering Australia’s best and most diverse food and wine tourism experiences.
Developed in consultation with food and wine stakeholders across the State, the NSW Food & Wine Tourism Strategy & Action Plan contains 27 actions under five strategic pillars.
The five strategies are:
- Assist the NSW food and wine tourism sector to develop, promote and sell high-quality products and experiences that meet the needs of consumers and the tourism industry.
- Play a leadership role in food and wine tourism and encourage industry collaboration to build capabilities and encourage greater visibility of NSW food and wine product.
- Support the development of sustainable food and wine events and leverage existing events to showcase NSW food and wine.
- Increase the awareness and appeal of the State’s diverse range of food and wine experiences and destinations through effective marketing and public relations programs.
- Undertake, source and share research and insights to inform tourism product development and marketing in the food and wine tourism sector.
The NSW Food & Wine Tourism Strategy & Action Plan 2018-2022 will be delivered through partnerships with the food and wine tourism sector over a four-year period and Destination NSW is committed to working with industry stakeholders, Federal, State and Local Government, industry associations, the regional Destination Networks, and local tourism agencies in this regard.
Find out more: NSW Food & Wine Tourism Strategy & Action Plan 2018 - 2022 (PDF 4.7 MB)