Destination NSW will continue accepting Regional Event Fund applications from event owners to support NSW communities to attract visitors and provide a boost to local businesses.19 March 2020
Applications for the NSW Government’s $1 million Regional Event Fund are open through to midnight Wednesday 25 March 2020, after which all submissions will be assessed based on merit.
Event owners can apply to one of two funding streams: the Flagship Event Fund (to support event marketing activities) and the new Micro Event Fund (to support community-based events with limited budgets).
To be eligible for funding events must be delivered between 1 May and 31 December 2020. In line with current Australian Government requirements regarding non-essential, static gatherings of people, Destination NSW will, as part of the assessment, liaise with applicants whose events are impacted by the restrictions to discuss their plans. Events must be delivered to receive funding.
The fund was announced last month as part of the NSW Government’s $10 million Tourism Recovery package.
“We know it is an incredibly challenging time for the NSW tourism and events industry, which is why this support for regional businesses and event owners is more important than ever,” Destination NSW Acting Chief Executive Officer Stephen Mahoney said.
“There’s no doubt that events drive visitation and engage local business which stimulates regional economies.
“We are committed to supporting the tourism and events industries and look forward to a full calendar of diverse sporting, arts, cultural and lifestyle events later in 2020.”
“We want to support event owners to put on fantastic, successful events right across NSW as soon as is appropriate to do so,” Mr Mahoney said.
For more information and to submit an application for the Regional Event Fund:
0439 442 800 | email@example.com
Download a PDF version of this media release (PDF 479 kb)