Destination NSW today launches the next phase of its tourism recovery campaign, Now’s The Time To Love NSW, spearheaded by new TV, social and digital creative which utilises New South Wales’ diverse landscapes and alluring experiences to inspire travellers around the globe.15 May 2020
The state’s breathtaking vistas play a starring role in the creative, ‘Love NSW From Home,’ encouraging visitors to dream about NSW’s wide open spaces and distinctive travel offerings they want to experience in the future.
“Providing travel inspiration is more important than ever – ‘Love NSW From Home’ is a reminder of all of the unique outdoor experiences that are waiting for us on our next NSW holiday, the trip we should start to dream and plan now,” said Steve Cox, Destination NSW CEO.
“NSW’s experience-rich and visually stunning regional areas are showcased in the TVC, along with memorable activities visitors can only do in NSW, whether that’s sailing on spectacular Sydney Harbour, admiring the natural wonder that is the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains, or catching a wave at Glasshouse Rocks on the NSW South Coast,” he said.
Tourism plays a vital role in NSW’s economy with tourism delivering $43.3 billion to the NSW economy in 2019 with NSW continuing to be the number one tourism destination in Australia.
Launching during The Project’s one hour special, ‘The Love Australia Project’, ‘Love NSW From Home’ is the latest instalment in Destination NSW’s ‘Now’s the Time to Love NSW’ tourism recovery campaign, which was launched in February this year.
In addition to the TV buy on Network Ten, this phase of Destination’s NSW marketing program will be supported by social media activity to encourage people to dream about and plan a NSW holiday when travel restrictions lift.
“Now’s the time to start dreaming about taking a NSW road trip or short break - we want our campaign to be a reminder to all of us about the wide range of experiences that are ready to be discovered in NSW,” Mr Cox said.
The ‘Love NSW From Home’ TV commercial includes the following NSW locations and experiences:
- Sailing on Sydney Harbour with East Sail
- Scenic country views from Sierra Escapes, Mudgee
- Skiing and snowboarding at Blue Cow ski resort in Perisher, Snowy Mountains
- Aboriginal cultural tour on quad bikes with Sand Dune Adventures, Port Stephens
- Hot air balloon over the Clarence Valley during the Grafton Jacaranda Festival, NSW North Coast
- Wine tasting at Audrey Wilkinson in the Hunter Valley
- Surfing at Glasshouse Rocks, Narooma on the NSW South Coast
- Indigenous tourism experience in Wilcannia, east of Broken Hill in Outback NSW
- Camping on the Hawkesbury River
- Hiking through the scenic walk Woomargama National Park on the Murray River.
For more NSW virtual experiences, check out https://www.visitnsw.com/love-nsw
Download a PDF version of this media release (PDF 298 kb)